Fruits, like raspberries, are unique in their ability to add both flavor and nutrition to breakfasts, snacks, desserts and more.
With a sweet-tart flavor and eye-catching color, red raspberries are the main ingredient in these Mini Razz Crush Tarts, perfect for breakfast on-the-go or as an afternoon snack.
More recipes at redrazz.org.
Mini Razz Crush Tarts
- 1 bag 12 oz. frozen red raspberries
- 1 1/2 TB cornstarch
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust two 9-inch crusts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 TB reserved raspberry juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Sprinkles Optional
- Thaw raspberries at room temperature 30 minutes. Using rolling pin, gently mash raspberries in sealed bag.
- To make tarts: Heat oven to 425 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place strainer over medium bowl; strain crushed raspberries 10-15 minutes, allowing juice to fall into bowl. Reserve juice for glaze.
- In medium bowl, combine drained crushed raspberries and cornstarch; mix to combine.
- Roll out both pie crusts into rectangular shapes and cut each into eight 2 1/2-by-4-inch rectangular pieces. Place rectangular pieces on prepared baking sheet. Add 1-2 TB crushed raspberris to center of each piece and top each with second rectangular piece. Use fork to crimp edges of dough.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Remove pastries from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make glaze: In medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, reserved raspberry juice and vanilla. Drizzle on cooled pastries and garnish with sprinkles