Start your day with a warm, freshly baked Overnight Apple Cinnamon Fresh Toast Casserole.
To start, place cubed French bread in a glass baking dish. Top it with apple pie filling and smooth it out over the entire dish. Then add more cubed French bread on top.
In a mixing bowl, whisk nine eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the baking dish.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
Remove the foil and bake for about an hour. Let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk to form a sweet glaze. Drizzle the glaze over your warm casserole and enjoy.
Find more breakfast and brunch recipes at Culineary.net. ❚
Apple-Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 Pkg. (20 oz.) French bread cubed, divided
- 1 can (20 oz.) Apple Pie Filling
- 9 Eggs
- 1 Cup Half-and Half
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar Plus Additional (Optional)
- 2 TB Milk Plus Additional (Optional)
- Spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 10 ounces cubed French bread in bottom of dish. Pour apple filling over bread. Top with remaining cubed French bread. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread. Cover with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 F. Remove foil and bake 50-60 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk powdered sugar and milk. Add additional, if needed, until pourable glaze is reached.
- Drizzle over casserole before serving. Enjoy!