Bringing your family together for a meal that tastes like summer is what the season is all about. If you’re spending an evening firing up the grill, flipping on the oven, forming a homemade salad or anything in-between, the time spent together enjoying warm weather flavors is what everyone truly craves.
To deliver a delightfully bold and zesty flavor with every bite, try these Summer Shrimp and Squash Kebabs, an easy way to bring loved ones together both before and during the meal. Put an adult in charge of heating the grill while the entire family works together to marinate a concoction of shrimp, tomatoes, corn, red onion, squash and zucchini before threading onto skewers that are ready to hit the grates.
Summer Shrimp and Squash Kebabs
- 8 wooden skewers (12 inches
- 1 cup Newman’s Own Garlic Vinaigrette & Marinade plus additional for serving
- 16 large shrimp peeled and deveigned
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ears fresh corn each cut into
- 1- inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into 1-inch
- 2 yellow squash sliced 1/2-inch
- 2 zucchini sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Soak skewers in water at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine vinaigrette, shrimp, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion, yellow squash and zucchini; marinate 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Skewer pieces of cherry tomato, shrimp, corn, zucchini, red onion and yellow squash on wooden skewer.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and skewers.
- Grill kebabs about 8 minutes, turning frequently until shrimp and veggies are cooked.
- Serve with additional vinaigrette.