Gathering together to enjoy a meal at the family table or a sweet treat at the end of a long day is what time with loved ones is all about. Savor the timeless taste of pasta with this Penne Alla Vodka, a classic dish high on flavor and low on hassle so you can have a meal ready in just 30 minutes. Visit CountryCrock.com for more ways to elevate weeknight meals.
Penne Alla Vodka
- 1 tablespoon Country Crock Plant Butter with Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vodka (2 fluid ounces)
- 16 fluid ounces Country Crock Plant Cream
- 1/4 cup water (2 fluid ounces)
- 3 cups dry penne pasta cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- In pan over moderate heat, melt plant butter. Add onions and garlic. Cover and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and red pepper flakes. Cook until tomato paste starts to lightly brown. Add vodka and stir well, scraping bits of browned tomato paste from bottom of pan. Cook over high heat until liquid is reduced by about half to concentrate flavors. Add plant cream and water; stir to incorporate tomato paste evenly. Bring to simmer. Toss in cooked pasta. Add vegan Parmesan, salt and fresh basil.